28 Days in Flowers
Tribe of the Tree is proud to be participating in 28 Days in Flowers, supporting women who live with or alongside mental health issues.
The goal is to wear flowers in your hair for any or all of 28 days from 1st September (the first day of Spring!), sparking conversation wherever you go, and taking the opportunity to chat with others about mental health issues.
This beautiful initiative was started by Jade Hull of Flowers for Frida, and has been carried forward by the combined forces of Jade, Thrive Wellness Hub, and the Newcastle Health Collective - all in the Hunter Valley of NSW.
The funds raised will go to the Hunter Women's Centre, a non-government, not-for-profit, community based organisation which provides services to improve the health and wellbeing of the women of the Hunter. The Centre is run by women for women, has been operating for over 40 years, and prioritises services to women who are marginalised, experiencing disadvantage or having difficulty in accessing services elsewhere.
28 Days in Flowers is a new idea, but has the potential to make a huge difference to women's health... Consider that the Movember movement was started in 2003 by a couple of Aussie guys, and to date has involved more than 5 million people who've collectively raised $850 million dollars, and you start to get an inkling of what a grassroots movement of passionate people can do.
Our co-founder Jayne Tancred is participating in 28 Days of Flowers on behalf of Tribe of the Tree, and we're hoping that many others in the Tribe will join us in getting behind this important cause.
There are a few ways you can participate:
1. Join the fun by registering to participate in 28 Days in Flowers yourself.
2. Sponsor Jayne to wear flowers in her hair every day for the first 28 days of Spring by donating to our GoFundMe page, and helping us raise even more money for Hunter Women's Centre. Click here to donate.
3. Help spread the word about 28 Days in Flowers on social media by sharing related posts and getting people talking. (Look for #28daysinflowers )
4. If you see someone wearing flowers in her hair this month, reach out to have a chat! I promise your gesture will be appreciated, and you never know what might eventuate from it.
5. And finally, if you're super-excited by this worthy cause as we are, and want to participate in 28 Days in Flowers yourself, PLUS ask people to sponsor you, get in touch with us and join Team Tribe's efforts on GoFundMe.